- Wash and peel 4 large pears. I used green Bartlett pears. Refrigerating them before peeling makes removing the skins a lot easier.
- Chop into 1" pieces.
- Place in a small saucepan. Add enough water to almost cover.
- Boil for ~15 minutes.
- Transfer to blender (or food processor if you got one for Christmas!) with a straining spoon.
- Blend until the desired consistency is reached. (I did not need to add any of my pear juice to thin this further.)
- Transfer to ice cube tray. The 4 pears should yield enough to fill up an ice cube tray plus tomorrow's breakfast.
- Rinse 2 small bags of baby carrots. Remove any nasty carrots.
- Steam for ~25 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to food processor or blender. Blend until the desired consistency is reached.
*Do not use any of the carrot water to thin these. It contains an overabundance of
nitrates for little fellows. If needed, use tap water to thin.
- 2 bags of carrots should yield enough to fill up 1 ice tray, plus tomorrow's dinner.