- Wash, peel, core, and cube 3-4 apples.
- Place apple cubes in medium saucepan with just enough water to cover them.
- Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Puree in blender with just 1/8 cup or so of the juice in which the apples were cooked.
*3-4 apples should fill up an ice tray.
- Wash 3 heaping handfuls of green beans.
- Snap off all ends and discard. Break beans into 1" pieces.
- Place beans in steamer over a saucepot. Water should just barely come through the holes of the steamer.
- Steam for ~ 25 minutes.
- Puree in blender with 1/4 cup or so of the juice in which the beans cooked.
*3 large handfuls of fresh green beans should fill up an ice tray.
Even Elijah wants special Christmas foods! After confessing to my wonderful pediatrician that I sometimes let Elijah gum my pizza crusts and not being chastised, I feel a little more confident letting Elijah eat things. Today he gummed a wagon-wheel-shaped corn puff with carrots...blugh! He loved it because he could hold it and smear it all over his face, as seen below.
"Where did it go? I am not done yet!"