Friday, November 30, 2007

Sweet Potatoes


In the interest of promoting less expensive methods of feeding babies with voracious appetites, I thought I would post some of the "recipes" I have been using to feed Elijah. Most of my newfound knowledge is from http://www.wholesomebabyfoods.com/; check out this excellent resource.

Sweet Potatoes

- Wash and peel one large sweet potatoe.
- Cut in 1" slices. Cube each slice.
- Place cubes in medium saucepan. Fill pan with enough water to almost cover the potatoes.
- Boil for ~20 minutes, or until a fork can be easily inserted.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer cubes to blender. Slightly mash the potatoes in the process. Blend, adding cooking water as necessary to reach the desired consistency. (I have found that food should be very soft, but not be able to quickly drip off a spoon.)
- Fill ice tray with sweet potatoe puree & freeze.

Super easy and I have 16 oz of food for around $1.00!

No comments: