Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Beach Babe Bonanza

This was one of the best weekends of the year, no doubt about it! I don't have many pictures of this year's gathering probably because I was too busy talking, laughing, racking up exercise competition points, and generally whooping it up. My college friends came to town!!! Through a turn of events, everyone ended up staying at my house at the last minute. It was so, so, so fun. I LOVE these girls. It did my soul good to be with them again. The only sad part? We were desperately missing Annie & Merilee.~:-(

These girls are all so dear to me. We know each other. Better said, they know me - yucky stuff and all. AND YET, they still love me!
Anne & Polly Jane:

Jenelle with Peter, Lauren's super-chub baby: Jenelle & Polly Jane: (I love this picture!) Michelle with a very happy Jolly: Lauren, Momma to super-chub baby: Mexican dining at its finest~:)
This baby! He is wonderful! Ooooh, and so is she!

Would you like an example of how these girls are so wonderful? When I emailed everyone "I'm in this exercise competition...I'll probably have to exercise a lot over the weekend...Bring any workout you have..." I was met with enthusiastic responses. Things like, "Great! I'll bring my Hip-Hop-Booty-Bop! It's a great workout!" And then they let me march and kick and punch and twist while we all talked. Amazing friends? Yes.
It was especially fun to have Anne & Jenelle in for a prolonged visit. Seeing dear friends with my own children is such a blessing. It seems like you can't really love someone - totally, anyway - until you know their family and see their kitchen. I treasured these few short days with a whole houseful of fabulous friends. And I can't wait until we are all together again!!!
3.19.2011 & 3.21.2011

2 comments:

The Gundy Bunch said...

aaahh! i can't wait either!!! i HAVE to make it next time!!! love you!!!

Michelle said...

I can't wait either!!!:) Love remembering this weekend!