Monday, March 5, 2012

Thanking God for...

{Gifts 399-431}

- Inability to resist a friend's dinner invitation
- The display of God-given talents seen in this year's Christmas Spectacular!

- Hannah Gambill's recitation - beautiful, moving, and well done
- First chat with our mailman this Christmas season
- Excedrin migraine pills
- Rain - nourishing, slowly and steadily, the new trees
- A tight, dry, non-leaking roof

- "I have not seen the righteous forsaken or His children begging for bread. He is ever lending generously and His children become a blessing." Ps 37:25-26. Hope that God can make my children Christ-followers and a blessing to others.
- A history of saints refreshing each other's spirits (I Cor 16:18) and my own personal experience of being refreshed by the saints
- A real Christmas tree - delivered on a night when Eric wasn't working late
- My clean-up team
- Down comforter

- Raw iron
- Friends who pray for me
- Starting my 4th decade with Ab & family in town
- Recounting three decades of God's steadfast love to me(!)
- "What a night! What a dinner!! What a booth!!!" ~Elijah, upon exiting Red Robin after our first real date

- "Do you want to dance, Momma?" and dancing wonderfully, joyfully outside the restaurant
- Such a great addition to our family - Joe!
- Girls in princess shoes
- Coffee with Ab
- Having family I trust to care for my children

- "What did you get, Bella?" {pause...slow smile erupts} "My bloomers!"
- Miles' irresistable smile
- Polly Jane loving Joe
- Finding the three oldest children on the bed with Ab, listening to an adventurous tale
- Grace to see - without despairing! - my incorrect view of life

- Pressing through the uncomfortableness of discussing #425 - a blessed gift, indeed! {My job is to help ERIC, not vice-versa.}
- A list of books to read in 2012 - lofty goals
- Butternut Squash Soup - 1/2 made @ 2 PM for tonight's dinner
- The grand old oak outside my window - perhaps planted 112 years ago, right when our house was built?
- A cell phone - allowing me to connect with my Mom, my sister, and so many wonderful friends

- Beef - homegrown and more than enough to feed us

No comments: