Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pajama Mornings

This is my favorite time of the day. Often, when I have to be somewhere in the morning, I feel like I have been cheated out of the best part of the day. This is the time when Haven and I snuggle in bed, when Elijah and I read the Bible and "All done Momma? Pray? Pray now?", when the dishwasher and washing machine start humming, when a plan for the day is developed. This is a good time.

Elijah wanted to "take a break" in Haven's crib. I let him, but had to come back in because "Need my pillow Momma."

Notice how I finally have two(!) Beatrix Potter mobiles. I looked everywhere for these when I was pregnant with Elijah. I could never find any I liked so I finally gave up. Recently, within a month of each other, Mom and Ab both found Beatrix Potter mobiles secondhand. They were made in the 80s, and cost a pretty sum then. [I know because the receipts were still in them.] Why I never found any like them on Ebay will continue to confuse. Needless to say, I was the happy recipient of these two gifts. I'm continuing to slowly collect the nursery apparel I like; perhaps by baby number five I'll have my nursery theme down.

Shortly after situating the pillow, I realized that resting in the crib was NOT going to work. Miss Haven is no longer content to stay on a blanket. She will roll anywhere.
She is just beautiful, even in her gender-neutral pajamas. Hope you all are enjoying wonderful pajama mornings at your home as well!

No comments: