Thursday, September 2, 2010

Flower Surprises

There will be a lot of pictures of Flat Stanley popping up in the next few posts. We did a project for our 2nd grade friend in Georgia which involved showing Flat Stanley the sites around Nashville. (And I use "sites" in the loosest sense of the word, as you shall see.) Enjoying the harvest of previous owner's gardening work is one major benefit to living in a house that is over a century old. This spring was fabulously exciting for me as I watched tulips and various others flowers pop up and bloom. When we would drive away from home Elijah and I would say "Look! Spring is here! And God gave us TULIPS!!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to google to find out about Flat Stanley. I felt so out of touch. Get that boy his air pump.
Mombo

lydia said...

Mom, I was only in touch on this issue because we happen to have a friend in 2nd grade! Don't feel too disconnected~:-)