Monday, January 3, 2011

One Thousand Gifts - A Beginning

My very favorite blogger, Ann Voskamp, started a list one day, a list of things for which she could thank God. It has changed her life. Now I am hoping it will change mine too. My brown journal sits open, begging me to fill it with a record of good gifts from my good God. Copying Ann, I'm on my way to thanking God for One Thousand Gifts.

Thanking God for (gifts 1 - 14):
~ A God to Whom I can give thanks
~ 2010, a year in which God turned hardships into amazing blessings
~ Hope! God makes all things new, even me! Perhaps this will be a year where harsh words cease to fly from my tongue?
~ Squishy cheeks on all my children
~ The joy of holding Polly Jane
~ Polly Jane's especially squishy cheeks
~ A hand-me-down couch wide enough for two of us
~ Bags and boxes and arms full of new books
~ A hundred answered prayers in the birth of my new niece
~ Being reminded that God cares about even the little things, and that He hears the prayers of His people
~ A husband who is willing to help me in all kinds of ways
~ A never-ending To Do list
~ Quiet moments...and their scarcity
~ The sermon yesterday "Fight your sin of __. And when you wonder if God could ever love someone who ___, read Judges. They sin again and again and again, YET God loves them!"



Lydia: {tucking Elijah in bed, covering him with kisses}
Elijah: "You're breath smells weird. I think you need to take a bath."

Elijah: "Haven, you're really stressing out...everytime I come near your babies, you're really stressing out."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful for my birthday baby and the godly woman she has become.
Momma

Amy said...

yay for starting to count!

and LOL at Elijah Millard, as usual :) I'm so glad you're writing these things down!